Image Map Facebook Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Instagram Bloglovin'

May 5, 2016

End of the Year Laser Finger Gift

Hello all!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week.  I know that the PTO from my school and student's families have gone above and beyond!  What amazing people.

As the school year is coming to an end, I started brainstorming different ideas for an EOY gift.  I wanted something that was fun, yet can still be geared towards education... and it hit me!  The laser fingers that are used for tracking during Guided Reading!!  I cannot take credit of this idea -- it was found as I was reading blogs when I started teaching Kindergarten (I believe from DeAnna Jump or DeeDee Wills).  The laser finger pointers are used to remind students to track their words as they are reading, and believe me they LOVE it!  Once a group sits down at the guided reading table, they ask for the finger lights.  It seriously makes them love reading.  I also think it could be doubled for a fun toy they would like to play with, also!


I am an Amazon Prime enthusiast, so that is where I bought them.  I was lucky enough to get 40 laser finger lights for $5.50, which covered enough for each one of my students to have one and extras for next year.  The link is posted below, but sadly I think they went up a few bucks. 

I decided to make a card to attach with them that is Free listed below!
 "You were shining bright all school year!  Relax this summer with a great book!"

The fun aprt about the pack is there are 12 different characters to choose from!  I tried my best to match the character to each student so they would love the card even more!
  


I always use Scholastic Dollars, and of course some of my own dollars, to get a student a book at the end of the year revolving around First Grade.  What better present to pair with the book than the Finger Laser light that they will use to track their reading?


 Find the FREE Finger Laser Gift: HERE.
I hope you enjoy!  Sit back, relax, and enjoy the last few weeks of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment