Image Map Facebook Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Instagram Bloglovin'

October 22, 2015

Where's My Mummy?

My school in Pittsburgh, PA has teachers work one after-school program per week (more if you chose to do so).  So, of course, I chose to create a reading program for Kindergarten students.  Teaching reading is one of my favorite things to teach.  During this program, we read a story that aligns with seasons/holidays/etc., work on some comprehension skills and usually do some type of craftivity to make it really fun for the kiddos.  This week we read Where's My Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi.  This is the perfect book for Halloween next week!  The kids loved it!!!

Here are some thing the extension pack includes!
Making Predictions before reading the story


Little Baby Mummy Character Descriptions


Draw the Spooky Setting


Making Connections: What Spooks Little Baby Mummy vs. What Spooks You?


A character Retelling Craftivity:  My students made these mummies and together we used them to retell the story.  They loved it!  And I think they turned out pretty cute :)



 Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment